Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zinc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Zinc Reply with quote

Zinc

A nine month old boy has no zinc causing severe problems with skin. What herbs would be best to use and why would someone be born without zinc? -Betty
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Zinc is obtained by diet. A diet that consists of bread with small amounts of milk and potatoes is usually the cause. Foods that contain zinc are fruits, vegetables, meats and eggs should be consumed. Zinc is found in virtually every cell in the body and is a component in more than two hundred enzymes. Zinc should be taken with Vitamin A for skin problems. Without proper levels of zinc, people have trouble adjusting their eyes to see in the dark. A deficiency of zinc can also result in any number of skin disorders, and it is important in healing burns and wounds. It promotes immune system functions. The recommended amount for male Infants is 5mg a day. Taken from Healing Power of Minerals. Paul Bergner. Great reference book! -Suzanne
Q: My brother is asking me whether Zinc Lozenges really do shorten the life of cold/flu? He's pretty sure he has a sinus infection. He's going to drop by this evening for a colloidal silver nose spray that I'll make up for him, but while he's at work today, he has ready access to zinc lozenges and is asking my advice. Thoughts? -Karen M.
What the Zinc Lozenges and sprays actually do is make the environment "unfriendly" to the virus, just the way that cranberry makes the bladder "unfriendly" to bacteria. I love using zinc lozenges and spritzes for cold/viral symptoms. -Sharon Grimes
Zinc in any form has always proven to be very helpful, along with Vitamin C and Echinacea. -Cindy
---My brother is asking me whether Zinc Lozenges really do shorten the life of cold/flu?---

Works great for me!! Actually here is what the first sign of ye old "Strep" throat or whatever it is that as a child I got 4 times a year and it lasted for 10 days... now the remedy below, taken every 2 hours knocks it out "cold" after 2-3 doses. Hallelujah! Herbs are great.

3 Garlic Oil capsules
1 Zinc (25mg)
1000mg Vit C (NOT time released, use the powder or take 3 rose hips)

Theory: Zinc and Vitamin C repair tissue which protects against virus activity. Garlic cleans up the river of lymph and kills any rogue bacteria. -Desiree
Q: Can someone have an allergic reaction to Zinc? -Donna
The only reaction we've seen to zinc is flu-like symptoms. We suspected it was somehow related to metal toxicity and would switch those people to a different product. Then last year, a client told me her chiropractor put her on zinc to flush out aluminum (he does hair analysis) and he told her that if she got flu-like symptoms, that is the body flushing out the metal, and to take MORE zinc and speed up the process. We haven't had anyone brave enough to try that...! But it did match everyone we've seen with reactions to zinc. -Desiree
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: