Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vaporizers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Vaporizers Reply with quote

Vaporizers

I have a couple of vaporizers that I use whenever my two sons have a cold, cough, etc. I was using the Vicks Inhalant vaporizer medicine, until last night. I was browsing the net and found out that "mineral oil" (which is the main ingredient in the Vicks oil) actually comes from petroleum, which is toxic. Last night, I used Almond oil as a carrier and added Eucalyptus and Tei Fu oils to the mixture. Is there a better carrier oil that I could use on a regular basis on my vaporizers? Could I just put the essential oils directly on the little "dish" without any other oil? Thanks in advance for your input. -I. Smith
- - - - - - - - - -
Read the manual for your vaporizer and see what it says. You can normally just put the essential oil in the vaporizer, that way you get the full benefit however, it depends a lot on the heat build-up in the vaporizer, if any. You might want to just get a Nebulizing Diffuser from NSP, this will diffuse the essential oil directly so that you get full benefit. -Mike
- - - - - - - - - -
We always just use distilled water in aroma pots and diffusors. Fill the bowl with water and add 2-3 drops to this. Carrier oils will just burn and clog up your diffusor or aroma pot. This is why it is necessary to only use pure essential oils. NSP has wonderful oils. The singles will do fine. It is important to only burn the pot for no more than 15 minutes at a time. Eucalyptus and lavender are very nice to help breathing. -Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: