Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water - Consumption

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Water - Consumption Reply with quote

Water - Consumption

To whom can help... I have read conflicting advise as to how much water one should daily take in.. some one please settle this.. some say one half your body weight divided by 8 to determine the number of 8 ounce glasses, and others have said, the exact weight in ounces divided by 8...which is right??? Thanks in advance.. -Dina Allen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is body weight divided in half in ounces. You weigh 100 pounds, you need 50 ounces of water a day. Cheers, -Leslie Lechner
It depends on
1) who's talking
2) if the person is chronically ill or trying to loss weight

I believe that chronically ill people and people that are working on weight loss/detoxing need 1 oz of water per lb of body weight others need only 1/2 oz per lb of body weight. -Richard Ask
You know, Richard, I didn't take in to consideration other factors. Thanks for remembering that part.

The 1/2 body weight in ounces is a MINIMUM amount for anyone. For example, I take a separate bottle of water with me when I go and work out. The 1/2 my body weight container of water stays at home. Anyone on a cleanse or doing enzyme therapy (Because they need water to be effective) definitely need more than 1/2 of their body weight in water. -Leslie Lechner
Let's remember that 128 ounces is a gallon of water. If you get a 200+ pound man or woman and tell them to drink a gallon or 2 of water a day you will probably do more harm than good. You can drink too much water. Plus they may think your crazy and you will lose a client (customer). I think 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight is a good amount to go by. -John
Go to watercure2.com and read how to drink water. -James Ross
I was drinking about 100 ounces a day. It was too much for me it equated to about one coffee cup per hour. I just cannot do it. I take 740ml to work and drink what I can at home. I know it isn't half my body weight, but I am fairly healthy. -Darcy
- - -
How long did you do 1/2 oz per lb weight? What were the side effects? -Richard Ask
I worked this program for about six months. I did lose weight that was the best thing. I just got tired of peeing all the time. I have basically a problem where the bathroom keeps me up all night if I drink like this. I also get exhausted drinking water every hour. No sense I know, but everyone is different. I have tried all things to improve this problem. I do use KB-C which I love, but I still pee out my ears. -Darcy
Perhaps your body was removing toxins

I have to use prescription medication to keep me peeing so that I do not have fluid build up in my lungs ...... I have CHF and a heart so weak they tell me I need to be on transplant list
(but you all know I am heartless)

If I am not careful I am up all night also I have to sip water all day long till about 8 PM ....... I do not find it a choir ....... when I drink the water I feel better

Here is a story ...strange but true ...... I keep weighing in more in the morning then at night when I went to bed The Drs would not believe me and did an I & O and controlled fluid intake in hospital .... yup they found out I was telling the truth ...........

So they wanted to put me on a restricted fluid diet .... I suggested that I go with the oz per body weight sure enough a week later I was balanced. -Richard Ask
At first the celtic sea salt was good and I felt better but your right I did get toxic. What about once a week or what ever time?

Also and help on omega 6. Been reading it really isn't that good for you. Then I read today it is good. Give me some info. Thanks Jim
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jim, This is really a "Kim Question" she will pick it up I'm sure. What I know about the salt comes from my sailing days and the Coast Guard classes I took.

About the Omega-6, I am sure that you know that there are two basic categories of Essential Fatty Acids, Omega-3 and Omega-6 based on their chemical structure. Omega-6 EFAs include linoleic and gamma-linoleic acids and are found naturally in raw nuts, seeds, and legumes and in unsaturated vegetable oils like borage, grape seed, primrose etc. I do not know of any reason why that would not be good for you and it should help your cardiovascular system.

One caution is that they shouldn't be heated and they should be from organic sources.
As with anything, "enough is as good as a feast". I do not like to see people taking too much of anything over a long period of time because even something "safe" can throw you out of balance. Dynamic balance in the body is the goal in my opinion and that means increase some supplements at times of stress, disease etc then back off and supply the body with good nutrition. Hope this helps, sorry if I seemed to be lecturing. -Judy
Celtic Salt does have more minerals than most but can still throw sodium levels out of balance if taken in excess.

Salt is actually a chemical term for a substance produced by a reaction of an acid with a base. The terms, "salt" and "sodium" are used interchangeably, but technically this is not correct. "Salt" is sodium chloride. By weight, it is 40% sodium and 60% chloride. Sodium is an essential nutrient, a mineral that the body cannot manufacture itself but which is required for life and good health. Human blood contains 0.9% sodium chloride, or salt -- the same concentration as found in saline solutions used to cleanse wounds. Mineral salts create electrolytes. Electrolytes, often called the spark of life, are what carry the electrical currents throughout our bodies- sending messages to the cells in all of the different systems. Electrolytes are also necessary for enzyme production. Enzymes are responsible for breaking down food, for absorbing nutrients, muscle function, hormone production and more. Our biological need for salt that contains a balance of naturally occurring minerals and trace elements is very real. These minerals must be replenished regularly in order to maintain health. But in a balanced form. Not just the sodium alone. Sodium, potassium and magnesium help to regulate fluid balance in the body and allow nutrients and oxygen to travel to their necessary destinations within the body. Some people find that adding Celtic Sea Salt to their diets helps to re-establish proper regulation of bodily fluids. If there is stagnation or congestion in the lymph this can elevate blood pressure because the sodium and other minerals get trapped thus leading to a low resistivity in biological terrain. This is associated with oxidative stress in the body and will most likely affect kidney function, alter cell membrane function and could lead to a free calcium excess which could cause tissue calcification. The sodium content of the body determines the volume of extracellular fluid. It also maintains the electropotential of the heart between beats, nerve transmission, pH balance and osmotic pressure. Sodium does play a role in pH but so does extracellular fluid and if that is out of balance in excess then it will drive the pH in the opposite direction and become metabolic alkalosis. This can bring about a reaction by the body to think it is in a toxic process and create a compensating defense mechanism.

These along with the findings that a balance of sodium and other minerals may actually lower blood pressure are evidence that sodium's role in our diets is as important as any other mineral or vitamin. But it is important to include the magnesium and potassium to balance it. This is why I really like the plant minerals like Spirulina, Black Walnut and the Mineral Chi tonic. -Kimberly D. Balas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: