Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight Gain - Abdominal

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Weight Gain - Abdominal Reply with quote

Weight Gain - Abdominal

Help! I can't figure out what is going on with me, but I thought I might be able to get some help here. I have recently had awful abdominal distension and swelling, coupled with unaccountable weight gain. My abdominal region is extremely swollen and tender, especially on the right side. I'm getting ready to do a gall bladder cleanse, but I'm afraid that this isn't the problem. There's no nausea or vomiting, and it's not painful per se--just unbearably uncomfortable. Worse right after eating. It feels like I'm being squeezed from the inside out. I use enzymes and acidophilus regularly, so it's not about that. Thank you for any input. -Donna
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gosh, it is really hard to figure which it could be. Either Liver distention or thyroid disease. Hypothyroidism can cause a lot of digestive problems but so too can an inflammed liver. The liver is on the right side just peeking out from under the ribs. Elevated Liver enzymes can show in the skin by increased bilirubin which gives off a yellow hue at the bottom of the eyes, palms, and skin. I would get it checked. -Suzanne
Thanks so much for your response, Suzanne. I think you might have something regarding the liver, because I DID have it checked out, and the doctor said there were some liver enzymes that were slightly elevated. I'm scheduled to have an ultrasound for gallstones, but I did a cleanse last night and there seemed to be lots of what looked like stones that came out. So I'm hoping I'll feel better after today.

One question--how does one's liver become inflamed, and what can I do about it? I have been doing castor oil packs, which I'll continue to do. Any other suggestions? Liver Balance formula? Thanks again for your input. Take care, -Donna
Many things or elements can effect the elevation of Liver Enzymes. You could have just been exposed to a virus and the liver is reacting to this. Things like Hep-C, A and enlarge the liver. Also a build up of toxins.

As for passing gallbladder stones without any pain, I doubt that is what happened. Passing Gallbladder stones is so painful you would be on your back with hot and cold flashes and feelings of labor pain in your lower back. Believe me. I have had a couple of these attacks and they do not go unnoticed. If you are using the olive oil and lemon juice cleanse it is possible the combination of the two mixing that you saw coming out.

I would increase your Milk Thistle Combination, Burdock and cooling herbs like Dandelion. Also add Natures Three as it is a gentle bulking agent and easy to digest. Lots of fresh water and juicing if you can handle it. One thing to avoid at this time is concentrated fats. Only light amounts of olive oil if needed. Give your liver a rest by not using foods that hard to digest. Juicing is better as cruciferus vegetables to put a load on the digestive tract, where juicing by passes this process. Bland diet for the gallbladder for a few weeks. Blessings -Suzanne
Donna. I am a colon therapist of 20 years and the right side is your cecum or ascending colon. This is the area that the small intestine empties into the large. A weight gain can indicate an accumulation of fecal matter. The distention is caused by putrifaction or decaying of the organic matter in the colon. Waste should be expelled within 8 hours max and after that it begins to "brew". During this putrifying process the waste creates many different gases like a compost pile. This is very uncomfortable.

It is very important that you thoroughly empty your colon. I highly recommend that you see a licensed/certified Colon Hydrotherapist as soon as possible. After starting that therapy you should undertake a cleanse with the Clean Start product. Only first take at least 2 Colon Hydrotherapy sessions. You have to open the "path" for the herbs to work at their full potencial. Otherwise you could only worsen the problem. This therapy is not painful and you will experience immediate relief. I hope this is helpful too you. Gay Lynn
Q: Has anyone had problems with exessive weight gain from taking Pro G Yam? I am concerned about gaining several pounds each month since I started, even with regular exercise. - Stormie
My 1st thought is that product may not be the right for you. It may have been working great in the beginning but your body might be looking for something else. If it were me I would get muscle tested to see if it's the right product or not. I had to change the one I was using to another. -Rachel
I have been using the Pro-G-Yam Cream for about a year consistantly now and I noticed weight gain (or should I say weight shifts) before I started using it. I have not gained more but could not seem to move those shifts even with exercise. I added the DHEA for women and more enzymes to my diet and finally am losing inches (not weight). During menopause everything seems to shift which makes us feel like we've gained weight. Example; waist seems shorter hips wider,etc. That is why exercise does not seem to work. If you are in menopause I would suggest you stay on the Pro-G-Yam Cream because your progesterone level is at the lowest peak at this time. -Laura
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: