Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weight Loss/Management

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Weight Loss/Management Reply with quote

WEIGHT LOSS/MANAGEMENT

I have my own testimonial on weight loss. Besides cleaning my liver, I used Thyroid Activator for thyroid , Protein Powder every morning, Fat Grabbers for a few months, Garcinia for a while, dropped wheat for 4 months, rotated foods as much as possible, ate mainly protein foods over carbos, bought a tread mill and did exercise at least 6 days and worked up to 4.3 miles an hr. for 50 minutes and my difficult body which could not lose after menopause started to go and I lost my 25 lbs. I really believe that water is very important too as I drank lots of that. It is a wholistic approach for almost all people but this worked for me a difficult case. -Joanne Thaxter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
One of the known, published, side-effects of estrogen replacement is weight gain. I have not had much success helping anyone with weight loss as long as they stay on estrogen. As I often say to my customers, "God didn't make any herbs to offset the side-effects of man-made drugs." -Kay Lubecke
have lost 31 lbs. in 6 months. The first 4 months I used only the Fat Grabbers. I do not snack in between meals now either. I have about 35 lbs. and have more to lose and I am very confident I will make it. -Jhoni Roby
Again I have to tout the, Fat Grabbers and the Collatrim. I have had great results. In the last 17 weeks I have gone from a size 54 to about a 36. I feel great and my wife says I look "good". I guess wives don't look at us the same as others do! I take 4 Fat Grabbers about 5 min before I eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. At night just before I go to bed I take a tablespoon of Collatrim. I also take some in the morning as soon as I get up since I don't eat until after I get back from the gym where my partner has supervised me on a rebuilding program. I don't even like to miss this because it has really made me feel good about myself and is firming up the muscle. Any questions send them and as I have time I'll try to answer. My appetite has been greatly suppressed and I watch what I eat due to the psychological effect of taking Fat Grabbers. -Jack Welch
Collatrim is supposed to do some undercover work before you can see the results of it. I have faithfully taken it and whatever it is doing is still not obvious. Bare in mind that not all human beings are able to handle a high carbohydrate - low fat diet. Sometimes those well-made plans to minimize protein results in very messed up blood sugar. After all, grains, fruits, and vegetables are all carbohydrates albeit with varying degrees of glycemic index. Carbohydrates turn to sugar and sugars overwork our pancreas and adrenals. Proteins consumed with carbohydrates slow the release of sugars into the blood stream and therefore allow the body to do more with the food than let the insulin turn it from sugar into fat. Yea! for life, challenges and the wisdom to deal with them. -Mary Page
In order to start losing the weight you need to clean the bowel and get things moving or else you won't get rid of waste in the system. Use the Tiao He Cleanse to start and then the Bowel Build and LBS II to stay regular.

Do not skip meals or eat just fruit. Your metabolism slows down when you don't feed your body. Add more Protein. SynerProTein is wonderful. You can add other weight loose products after you clean the bowel. -Julie
I would suggest a liver cleanse. Many times when I've had someone who can't lose weight and I suggest the liver is storing fat instead of burning it or getting rid of it they will try LIV-J and in about a month they can go back on the diet and lose weight. -Jack Welch
Last week I was privileged to be involved in the on-line chat that Dr. Ritchason hosted from his office in California. The topic for the evening was on NSP's weight loss products. One of the things he said was that if you have fat storage in the liver you will not lose weight.

I asked him what you should do if you suspect you might have a congested liver even if your liver doesn't show up weak in muscle testing. He believes you should do a liver cleanse once a year to keep it functioning properly. -Carol Matz
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I recently won a bottle of Collatrim at a Regional meeting, but never thought I'd use it (probably didn't think it worked), but..I have definitely experienced increased energy level and my jeans are somewhat looser. I have exercised a little, but not watched my diet. So I'd have to give Collatrim 2 thumbs up. -Marty
The one I have heard most about is Fat Grabbers. It is a fiber supplement/weight loss combo all in one. Just start off slowly (1-2 caps/meal) for a week or two and work up. Otherwise you might get bloating. And drink lots of water. -Peggy
Unlike customers for other types of herb programs, weight loss people often want a quick fix. They sometimes do not want to deal with the underlying issues of why they make bad food choices and overeat. You have to (gently) get to the root of what they are doing that got them fat in the first place. Most people need good nutrition much more than they need to lose weight quickly, but don't realize that! I read somewhere that 80% of obese people have nutritional deficiencies. They are craving the nutrition they don't get from the junk they are eating, so they eat more. It's a vicious cycle. I now will only sell a weight loss program after I do a nutritional assessment. They need to be on a good multi like Super Sup. while they are on the program, minimum. Often their intestines are very stopped up. It is also good if you can get them to cleanse their colon before they start. I had one overweight man lose ten pounds just from doing a colon cleanse!

I also learned while working at the shop to NEVER tell people "You will lose X pounds, I think." Or, "So-and-so lost X pounds on this." People hear that number and get fixated on it, and block out whatever else you say! Then if they don't lose that amount they are disappointed. Once again, try to shift their focus from losing weight to getting healthy. Weight loss is a means to getting healthy, not an end.

NSP has a good sales aid to help with this, The Body-Right Weight Management Guide. It explains NSP's weight-loss philosophy, the Four Pillars of Weight Management. (They are Nutrition, Exercise, Supplementation, and Emotional Balance.) I give this to my weight-loss customers. Hope this info isn't too long and helps! -Laura
My upline manager does body typing. I was typed as a "G" type (gonadol). I followed the diet for my body type, took the suggested supplements and was also doing some emotional clearing/cleansing at the time. I lost 38 pounds in 6 weeks and kept it off for two years. Prior to this however, I spent several months building up my body systems wherever they were stressed or weakened, started emotional cleansing and healing (God is so awesome!) and prepared myself mentally and emotionally to succeed!

Took Energy-V and used red clover as a tea and added into my drinking water too. I tested for these. -Sheryl
I've had great success with Fen-Chi and Fat Grabbers. 2 members lost 20lbs in 4 months. -Joan Kasich
The Collatrim is AWESOME! I inherited a pear shape from my grandmother, thanks grams, and have worked out and everything in the past still not being able to loose in certain areas, the Collatrim helped. -Lisa Canon
I have been on my Fat Grabbers, enzymes and Dieter's cleanse for a while and I have dropped a few pounds. I hope to have a better testimonial soon!. - Marguerite Wright in Illinois.
I have a lady taking Collatrim capsules and not eating after 6p.m., she has also increased her water, and has lost 6 lbs so far. She has been doing this for about a week or 10 days. I have another who is watching her diet, she has increased her water and walks ever day, and has been doing this for I think about 8 months and has lost so far about 40 lbs. -Jeannette Romanofsky"
Client who is taking Collatrim capsule . 1st did 2 weeks of a cleanse Also taking 4-8 capsules of corn silk (works great on excessive water and cellulite) She was 210 lbs in July and now weight 168. The great thing I like about the Collatrim is that you lose the weight and the Collatrim actually refirms the skin as well so you don't get the sagging skin look. And I believe that is worse looking then the extra weight. Also has helped her arthritis issues in her hands and she no longer has any problems with her fingers. Love it when herbs do more then one job.
I would definitely look at liver and hormonal as well as kidney issues (does she retain water?) sure 1-3 potas a day and that will help a lot with the HBP.- Donna Rogers
Steven h. told a few years back anyone who has a hysterectomy should always support her heart that may be another reason she has HBP. Try the corn silk works great sometime high dosage at 1st. When does she take her HBP meds? Collatrim help with sleeping as well. - Donna Rogers
The Collatrim should be fine. There are many other herbal diuretics she could try; JP-X, Kidney Activator, Parsley, Juniper Berries, etc. I would try the JP-X first as many people like that one to start with - or if you feel her kidneys need more strengthening she could start with the Kidney Activator. I would also make sure her liver is working optimum. Just FYI - we have a new weight-loss program that we are having good success on: MT for correct amounts for each person and of course make sure their bowels and kidneys are flushing. GABA Plus, SF, Iodine - we use the Iodoral, Glyco Essentials, Bee Pollen, Pro-Pancreas, Coconut Oil, Liver Mix: The liver mix includes the following recipe:
5 Dandelion, 3 Chinese Anti-Gas, 2 Pau d'Arco, 1 Una de Gato, 3 Heavy Metal Detox , Take all these out of the capsule and mix - typically we have people take 1/4 to 1/2 tsp 2-3 times a day this is really great for pulling toxins out of the liver that prevent weight loss. -Kasara D'Elene"
Dr. Oz of Oprah fame says he doesn't know who started the idea of no food after 6 or 7 p.m. but it's not what TIME you eat, it's WHAT you eat. Also, if you don't increase water, you'll never lose weight and keep it off. The more water you drink, the more fat cells are released and the more weight you will lose. Put away white bread and white sugar and it makes losing so much easier, with or without exercise - candlelite320
Mix the liquid with pineapple juice really works well to disguise the flavor of the Collatrim liquid. -Sharon Grimes
When taking Collatrim you are not supposed to eat within three hours of taking it if the purpose is weight loss. The purpose is to have the collagen "sit" in the digestive tract to be used at a slower rate if you eat too close to taking it the enzymes activated in your body will digest the collagen and you will not get the good of it. It will still help your joints but not so much for weight loss. It works very well. But the liquid does not taste good. I tell people but sometimes they think they would rather do the liquid than take that many pills/ then I usually get a call wanting me to refund because they just cannot do it. It is a very good formula though. - LaVonna Gates
I lost 140# with liq. Collatrim in a matter of months. And never had been an evening eater. I cannot explain why it worked but the not eating in the evening was not a factor for me. Take the Collatrim and Mineral Chi off a spoon and then chase it with the glass of water and it was much easier for me anyway. - Barb Moldenhauer
My kids call it my 'gross' drink - because the liquid Collatrim and the Mineral Chi both taste fairly strong (like something that wouldn't ordinarily be food), I take them together and then chase it with a bit of 100% unsweetened cranberry juice - that stuff is so tart it leaves no aftertaste. I really like the effects of both of these products, but getting them down can be a bit of a challenge! - Allison Staker
That is the typical reply from people but I challenge you to try a few weeks of doing first one and then the other. Collatrim is an excellent product. I have seen women who NEVER exercised while using it not only lose weight but have the best looking thinner body. NO sagging faces, flabby belly, or sagging other things. The collagen really works well. And why do we get wrinkles? Because the collagen is thinning/drying up. Replace it and you don't have the problem. What happens to the joints when we hear the term "bone on bone"- the collagen that cushions is going, going, or gone. Replace it. It is a huge help in some forms of arthritis, the autoimmune type. The Collatrim like products were very good. Questions about other brands should have been about the source of the ingredients not if they worked or not. The other brands made alot of noise and brought the FDA down on them. The theory is good though. Really, try it first one way and then the other. Even if you are thin it will firm things up. Try it. - LaVonna Gates
Q: This looks like a really good program. There are two questions I would like to ask.
1.What role does GABA Plus play in the program?
2. Do you think an enzyme product would be a good idea? --Ann Jones
This is just a baseline we are using - each person might have other things added to assist their specific body GABA works on the mood/focus/get motivated as far as wanted to move forward, exercise, and keep conscious of what they are eating. It seems to help stop the mindless emotional eating that happens so often. BTW - we mix up the liver mix for people - we give them a small plastic bag with 3 of the formula below all mixed together, and then we also give them a baggy with all the empty capsules as some people want to fill them back up with the mixture to take which is fine - We charge $8.75 for this bag of liver mix - which is very affordable for everyone - and we are still making money on it. - Kasara D'Elene
Q: If you take the pills or the liquid, taken properly, you obtain the same results, correct? -Yolanda Williams
No, in my opinion the liquid is far superior. -Sharon Grimes
===============
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: