Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bumps on back of hands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alida
Regular User

PostPosted: May Tue 05, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Bumps on back of hands Reply with quote

I have a client with bumps on back of hand that appear to be attached to the bones but move with the skin. She is 62 years old. I don't know if it is related to age. There is no head or pus, just hard bumps under the skin near the veins above the bony areas below the knuckles. She says they don't hurt and the bumps are not red. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I thought it might be calcium build-up. She is on Calium/Magnesium along with Nutricalm, ALJ, Adrenal Sup, Fibralgia, Gaba Plus, and Brain Protex. Could any of these be causing some kind of build-up? Thanks. - Alida
drweed
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Wed 27, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Sounds like a Ganglionic Cyst or a Ganglion Cyst Reply with quote

Ganglionic cysts are usually on the back of the wrist, but can appear elsewhere. For what this is see the following page:
http://www.handuniversity.com/topics.asp?Topic_ID=37

I don't know any treatment for it other than the classic "Bible Treatment" which I don't recommend. (FYI: The "Bible Treatment" is you take a big heavy book, like a Bible, and smash the Hell out of it - pun intended.) I repeat that I don't recommend the Bible treatment and have never used it. I've heard that it works, but to me the litigious implications are too scary. Also, I wouldn't try it anyway unless you get a definitive diagnosis from a professional because smashing malignant tunors (although this be unlikely) is a definite "no-no."

According to the above reference: "In the past, dorsal wrist ganglions were treated by breaking them without rupturing the skin. This was done with a mallet (or Bible) or simply with firm pressure. However, because ganglions often reappeared after this type of treatment, it is no longer used."

It also says that often they go away in time on their own. It seems to me that the proper nutritional products would increase the chances of making them go away "on their own." Unfortunately, I don't personally know of a good treatment for a Ganglionic cyst, other than what you would use for any cysts. Perhaps now that you know the name of it you can research it yourself.

According to Recipes for Success, for cycts in general: BP-X (6-8 a day), Liver Cleansing strongly recommended, Una de Gato (6-9 a day.) (Some other herbs are also recommended on the cards, including Lavender oil applied directly to cysts 2-3 times daily, and vitamin A.)

Personally, if it were me, I'd do the liver cleanse followed by BP-X and Una de Gato internally and Lavender oil applied topically.

Ganglion cysts are benign. The only problem they cause is if they get in the way or press on some other structures.
http://www.naturalhealthschool.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: