Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xylitol and dry mouth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lillyanna

PostPosted: Sep Sun 23, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Xylitol and dry mouth Reply with quote

I have noticed since using the xylitol gum and mints on a regular basis that my mouth is extremely dry. However, I am not convinced it is the xylitol. Does anyone have ideas as to other causes, besides the obvious of not drinking enough water? I drink plenty of water through the day. Even my dental hygenist noticed a "veneer" on my teeth, that she removed, but keeps coming back. Maybe from breathing through my mouth too much at night and during working out, but haven't noticed the tooth problem prior to using the xylitol.

Thank You All
Georgiana Duncan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep Wed 26, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Zylitol & Dry Mouth Reply with quote

I seriously doubt the Zylitol mints are causing your dry mouth. When we first got them, I ate them like crazy - one after another, with no ill effects of any kind. I've also been using the Xylitol Mouth Wash and my mouth and teeth feel better than ever.

You mentioned working out. Could your electrolytes be low? You may want to drink Recovery during and after working out.
sophiepam13
Regular User

PostPosted: Feb Wed 27, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem and I use Xlitol but if i eat too much salt or any products with salt additives I get really dry. Altoids moisten my mouth tho I have not tried the mints we sell.I also drink Smart water or Essence watrer, they have electrolytes in the water. I also sleep with my mouth open and my husband says i snore so i use Snore Ease, it helps. Pam C.
alida
Regular User

PostPosted: May Sun 10, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Xylitol from corn Reply with quote

There is research on the internet and also by Doug Kaufmann from Know the Cause, a television program with information on natural treatments for health problems, on xylitol from corn. He says that xylitol is excellent, however, not from corn because corn is contaminated with mycotoxins. He suggests using xylitol from birch to avoid the contaminants. I don't know if perhaps these mycotoxins are causing the problem when ingesting xylitol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Health Issues & NSP Product Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: