Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to recession-proof your business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Other Business Building Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drweed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Wed 14, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: How to recession-proof your business Reply with quote

How will the recession effect your business?

I don't have to tell you that there is a lot of negative news out there about the economy. Many small businesses are going under and unemployment is on the increase. This can effect your nutrition business, but it doesn't have to, especially if you will refuse to buy into all the negativity and keep your priorities right.

During times like this people are under a lot of stress, which means that they need their quality nutritional supplements more than ever. (Super Supplemental, with its high B content, has a built-in stress formula. Plus we have many other excellent stress formulations, including Nutri-Calm and STR-C, to name just two of them.)

It is important to remember that in times like this people tend to become even more concerned about their health, wishing to avoid high medical bills and lost wages due to sickness. It is important for you to maintain a positive attitude and continue to educate people and provide the much needed services that make you unique. Many people will do well during this downturn. Make sure that you are of them! (Last month, we had the best month that we have had in the previous two years!)

To help you keep your attitude in the correct corner, this would be an excellent time to spend some time on your spiritual growth as it relates to attitudes of prosperity, success and abundance. With this in mind I have some excellent books to recommend to you. (Recently I have been avidly reading these books, which is why, I believe, we had such a good month last month.) You can purchase these books if you want, but you can probably also find them in your local public library:

Books by Deepak Chopra, MD:

"The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success - A Practical Guide to the FulFillment of your Dreams"

"Creating Affluence - The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life"

"The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire - Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence"

Also:

"It's Not About the Money - Unlock Your Money Type to Achieve Spiritual and Financial Abundance" by Brent Kessel

Of course there are many other good books on the subject of success and abundance. Pick a few that speak to you and dig in.

In addition to the above advice, keep the following three important topics in mind as they relate to your business:

1. Marketing - A lot of businesses make the mistake of cutting back on their marketing during hard times. This is the last thing you should do. If money is tight, remember that there are plenty of ways to market your business that are no cost or low cost. Lectures in your community, for example, are very effective.

2. Customer Contact System - You have to stay in touch with your customers and contacts (potential customers.) It is very important to have a regular monthly or bi-monthly system for contacting them so that they will not forget to take their supplements, or where they got them.

3. Customer Education System - You need to have a structured procedure that you take each customer or client through, to educate them about the benefits of your products and services. You also need to educate them as to exactly how you can help them during stressful times like this.

Join us in making 2009 the best year ever!
http://www.naturalhealthschool.com
PatriciaS
Regular User

PostPosted: Apr Wed 29, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, thanks.

Catherine Ponder is a classic author on the subject of prosperity consciousness. A book I like is Creating Money by Sonaya Roman and Duane Packer.

Somewhere in the last day or two I picked up this idea -- I think from Steven Horne's webinar on prosperity: This is actually a GREAT time to start a business (or, I'll add, ramp up one you've got) since it's a time when people have more needs (and they can be more urgent, or more keenly felt since hard times seem to exacerbate everybody's regular ole problems and reduce our sense of resiliency) and that's what successful business people do: find needs that exist and meet them!

PatriciaS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Other Business Building Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: