Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E.O. - Enema

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan Wed 03, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: E.O. - Enema Reply with quote

E.O. - Enema

I have a client who just asked me if she can use EO's for a cleansing enema. Does anyone have a suggestion? What would you use and how many drops to a quart of water? Thank you. -Cindy Hoffman
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cindy, never try to dilute EO's with water as their name implies EO's do not mix with water. If they did they wouldn't float to the surface in a steam distiller where they can be collected easily by separation flow. It is important to remember if EO's should ever irritate sensitive skin they cannot be diluted with water. Water will cause the oils to burn even more. EO's must be diluted with some type of vegetable oil. I would suggest that your client use a gel cap for the enema. I have not had any experience with this so perhaps someone else on this forum might help you with this. When you mentioned diluting with water I had to clarify this for you and perhaps others. A good rule of thumb is never let EO's come in contact with mucous membranes or sensitive skin. If so they should be immediately diluted with a good grade of vegetable oil. While attending the NSP national convention someone mentioned being burned in the bath using EO. Never add neat EO's directly to the bath water. Precaution must be taken again because the oils will not mix with the water, but will float on top of it. When EO's are used this way in a bath the floating oil will stick to the skin in its concentrated form, particularly to the sensitive genital areas. Ouch! This can cause a very unpleasant, even serious irritation, because hot bath water actually increases the irritation phenomenon. Instead, dissolve the oils first in powdered soy milk, egg yolk or even coarse sea salt. Add the EO powder mixture slowly over time while you are in the bath rather than all at once. Hope this is helpful and happy oiling. -Nancy Tawney
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: