Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Location: Cleveland, OH
|Posted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 3:02 pm Post subject: Best Year Ever
|Best Year Ever
The Top 10 Ways to Have Your Best Year Ever!
We often think of New Year's as the time to start fresh and make those famous resolutions. But anytime is the right time to take control of our lives, to choose how we will live. Real success in life is about balance, about choosing priorities, and then following a plan to focus on the things that are most important to us. The following suggestions can help.
1. Take time to decide what you really want this year.
What would make it a great year, a fantastic year for you? Dream and scheme, and then dream bigger! And write it down, just for the fun of it.
2. Mark one day each month, just for you.
Use ink, not pencil, and schedule an appointment with yourself for one full day each month. Have fun and renew yourself, just for the joy of it.
3. Take more vacation that you had planned.
Look at the calendar and write in a couple extra weeks off! Do things you enjoy, but mostly relax. Go camping, rent a cabin at the beach, visit old friends.
4. Commit to a project you've dreamed of but haven't done.
This is not a "should" or a "have to", this is one of those, "I've always wanted to but never did" projects. Learn to ski, write a book, visit Niagara Falls, START A BUSINESS, or run for mayor. This is your year!
5. Buy four books you've always wanted to read, and schedule time for them.
Put it in your appointment calendar as "continuing education" or "research", and enjoy!
6. Start a special savings account to prepare for something huge!
7. Renew relationships with family and friends.
Every week, send a note or make a call, and reconnect with the people who have helped you along the way.
8. Every day, tell someone you appreciate them, that you are grateful for their help.
Practice the attitude of gratitude!
9. Raise your sites & increase your goals.
Whatever you hope to accomplish in the next year, double it, then commit to making it happen! Push yourself for greatness and settle for nothing less.
10. Be kind to yourself and those around you.
Be gentle, practice patience, expect the best and settle for nothing less.
© 1998, Coach U, all rights reserved.