Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Location: Cleveland, OH
|Posted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 3:00 pm Post subject: Build Your Business Now
|Build Your Business Now
The Top 10 Action Steps to Build Your Business Now!
Professionals, from Accountants to Veterinarians, often get so caught up in the daily tasks of running their offices and the challenge of providing superb professional service, that they forget to build their businesses. Private practice is both a professional service, and a business. The following tips can help with the business (and income) side of things.
1. Examine everything in your office from the point of view of a new client.
Is it welcoming? Is it comfortable? Make everything from your signs to your chairs as warm and inviting as possible. If necessary, spruce it up!
2. Fill your reception area with handouts, brochures and give-aways that clients will take with them. Get rid of old magazines and replace them with reading material that clients can use and give to their friends when they recommend you.
3. Contact 3 former clients this week.
Show interest, find out how they are doing, get feedback on the service you provided. Make it a normal part of your service to follow up after 30 to 90 days.
4. Contact 3 recent referral sources and thank them!
Send flowers, a card, take them to lunch. When people help build your business, view them as partners and reward them graciously.
5. Review your business card, stationery and brochures.
Do they talk to clients? Do they excite? Do they invite potential clients to take action and schedule an appointment?
6. Buy a year-at-a-glance wall calendar and plan your marketing and business strategies in advance. Nothing succeeds like planning -- and following your plan!
7. Make sure every client leaves every appointment with a firm handshake, a warm smile and a gracious, genuine, Thank You!
8. Spend 10 minutes every day thinking about your ideal client and clarifying exactly what you do that adds value, makes them excited, serves their needs. You know what you do . . . do your clients know and understand the value of your skills and services?
9. Develop a 10- to 15-word statement of what you do and why it is valuable that is crystal clear and powerful. Then practice saying it! This week, tell 5 friends, neighbors or strangers what you do and that you want more clients.
10. Take wonderful care of yourself!
A healthy, balanced life is extremely attractive! Be sure your clients can look to you as an example of a healthy, vibrant life. Be someone they enjoy being around!
About the Submitter: Submitted by Dr Philip E. Humbert, http://www.philiphumbert.com
© 1997-9, by Coach U