Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motivation for Change

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Motivation for Change Reply with quote

Motivation for Change

The Top 10 Tips to Increase Your Motivation for Change

So many of us are asking questions on how can we change? How can we move from where we are now to where we want to be? Here are some practical tips to help you as you increase your motivation for change.

1. You CAN change your life!
For each area of your life (family, career, health etc) ask yourself: What do I want to start doing? What do I want to stop doing? What do I want to keep doing?

2. Start making active choices.
So much of what we do we do without thinking. Let's say you have set a goal for yourself of more $$ in the bank...so you are out shopping & suddenly you find yourself preparing to buy something you don't need...ask yourself do I want more $$ in the bank or do I want this trinket? Make an active choice based on your own goals.

3. Learn to say ‘no.'
This one scares people. We have been taught to say yes. Saying yes means our lives are often too busy with things we don't want so there is no room for the things we do want. Saying no means focusing on the things you do want. This one takes practice. Saying no doesn't have to be a nasty thing. Say no nicely.

4. Find role models.
As all these recaps of the century come out, pay attention & find yourself some role models. If you really liked what someone stands for, what their legacy is, pay attention & find ways to model your life from theirs.

5.. Focus on what you want, not on what you don't want.
There is a saying that what you focus on grows. So if you are busy focusing on what you don't want to have, i.e. out of debt Vs positive secure cash flow, then you are focusing on the debt. Focus instead on the cash flow & notice how things change, including the way you feel about it.

6. Take it one step at a time.
Making changes in our lives is like learning to walk as a baby: you've got to focus on the positive, follow your instincts and take it one step at a time!

7. Leverage it up.
Start where you are & work your way up. Take an honest & realistic assessment of where you are now and start from there. Leverage what you have now into something more. Take your current skills and expand them. Find ways to make them grow into what you want them to be.

8. Be GREATFUL & be grateful.
Be full of your own greatness & be grateful that you have it. Being full of your own greatness doesn't mean having a huge ego! It does mean recognizing and accepting that you are great...at one thing or several things. New idea? Well you are great at something. Might take some time exploring to find out, but you are great & I bet you are great at more than just one thing! Carry that like a shield & let that protect you as you make changes in your life.

9. Be prepared.
We are so often running around trying to catch up that being prepared seems a dream. Being prepared is the single most important thing you can do to increase your personal effectiveness. Making time to be prepared means slowing down to the pace of life. It will allow you to enjoy the moment, be connected and be in tune with what is happening around you. It will also demonstrate your leadership.

10. Laugh - find humor everywhere.
Laughter is an incredible thing. Find ways to laugh everyday. Find humor in a situation where you never saw humor before. And most importantly, as you review your life and get ready for the next millennium, look back on your life and extract the laughter and let go of the rest.

Submitted by Anne-Marie Rennick, Popular host of the Saturday Morning Club, who can be reached at http://www.annemarierennick.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: