Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phone Success Secrets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Phone Success Secrets Reply with quote

Phone Success Secrets

7 Simple Phone Success Secrets

Are you a salesperson to whom the phone seems to weigh tons when it's time to use it? Don't worry, you're part of a large group! We'll try to break you out of it with just a few tips so can you can gain more confidence when using this most important tool. Have you ever noticed how some people have an easygoing way when on the phone while others seem to tense up? We'll try to address these concerns to help you use the phone like seasoned veteran!

Secret #1
Before you even pick up the phone know exactly what you're going to say. Sit a few minutes before making the call and outline a brief plan and what important points you want to make sure you touch upon. This plan should be specific to each call. You may or may not have some info about who you will be contacting, make sure you have some notes ready.

Secret #2
Always listen carefully. Your prospect has something to say about their "what's in it for me" that you can use to steer them to how your opportunity will benefit them. Let the prospect speak without interruption. Say things like, "I understand, I see what you mean", which confirms that you have heard what your prospect has to say. That will also put them at ease because someone is hearing them.

Secret #3
Avoid the phrase "I'll be honest with you", it goes without saying that you should be honest, your prospect assumes you will be unless you bring it up. By saying you'll be honest now, what's to say you won't be in the future? It's just not worth bringing up the honesty issue if you have not been challenged about it.

Secret #4
Saying "I don't know is ok". It's better to be honest and not answer a question incorrectly, than to give wrong information and have to come back later to correct it. If you show a real desire to get them the right answer now, you won't have to re-establish your credibility all over again. Make sure you call them back with the answer when you say you will and don't wait for them to call you back. Sometimes they just won't.

Secret #5
Keep your calls short and to the point. People just don't have the time anymore to hear a long winded explanation of your opportunity. If they see that you can be brief and get off the phone quickly, they'll think "Hey, I can do this too!". Get them curious and then get off the phone! Mail them out some company literature or video and then follow up a few days later. This is the key to duplication, if you can do it, they can too!

Secret #6
Avoid words like "I can't". Remember if you "can't", then they "won't". It's pretty simple. Let them know that you "will" get it done for them as soon as possible, and if you know when, tell them. Prospects always know if you're being straight with them or if you're "pulling their leg". They also know when you have projected a caring attitude and shown an effort to help them resolve their problem.

Secret #7
Always be respectful of their time. If it's one thing that will immediately turn off a prospect, it's hearing you rant about your opportunity when in fact they are getting ready to leave to a Dr's appointment! Always ask if it's a good time to talk and if it's not, make sure you let them know exactly when you will be calling back and wait for it to be a mutually agreeable time for them. Then, make sure you call back when you said you would. You'll notice a more friendly nature on their part because they know that not only do you respect their time but you also are a responsible business person who keeps their appointments.

By using these simple phone techniques, you will be way ahead of the prospecting and selling game!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: