Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Self-Image Builder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Self-Image Builder Reply with quote

Self-Image Builder

When working with clients, I often find a secondary result of coaching is that they find they improve their self image. It is amazing to see how when they get a better self-image, almost everything in their life changes. Let's face it. It is hard not to have a negative self-image. We grow up with lots of negative feedback in our society. Our parents constantly tell us "no". We go to school and get rejected by peers or teachers. Then we begin hearing "no" from colleges, potential employers, or potential life partners. Many people experience divorce, or loss of job or income. All of these things build up and can bring our image down. So, how do you get your image to be a healthy one? I'd like to give you a challenge which has helped many coaching clients to improve their images immediately. This week, I request you do the following to bring your self-image up many notches:

1. Start accepting compliments.
When someone tell you your suit is nice or your hair looks great, don't say, "this suit is old", or "my hair needs to be cut" ... accept the compliment and simply say thank you.

2. Recognize the people that look to you for guidance.
Think about why they look "up" to you. You have hidden gifts . . . your job is to realize them.

3. Catch your negative self talk and replace it.
When you spill the coffee, don't say or think, "boy am I dumb". Think, boy am I human. Stuff like this happens to ALL of us.

4. Find your hidden talents.
What do you do really well? Big or small? Do it more, do it often and do it with pride. Don't go to your grave with your music still in you.

The Coaches Corner from Comprehensive Coaching, www.comprehensivecoaching.com (a www.teyatek.com company).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Business Building Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: