Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aloe Vera

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Aloe Vera Reply with quote

Aloe Vera

This is posted from my weekly newspaper column, and I thought it might be of use as a printout.

Welcome to the new weekly column entitled, "Herbally Yours." Our purpose is to answer your questions and help to educate you in your alternative health care choices.

This week's question:
Dear Herbally Yours: My grandmother and mother have always had Aloe Vera plants growing in their homes and at the first sign of a burn, snapped off a leaf and applied it. I don't have a green thumb and can't seem to grow one. Therefore I'm thinking I will buy some Aloe Vera Juice over the counter. Are there other things that Aloe Vera are good for? Wondering, B.C.

Dear B.C.
Aloe Vera is one of those plants that seems to have been designed by nature to treat human skin conditions. Since ancient times, it has been used effectively to treat everything from dry skin, burns, and insect bites to skin irritations, acne, cuts and abrasions. For some time now, aloe has been used in America to heal minor cuts and burns. Simply applying the clear gel that oozes out of a cut leaf can speed the healing of a minor wound. In addition, aloe may slow the growth of bacteria, preventing the infection of wounds. This plant is certainly known for its healing effect and is used in many cosmetic and hair products. There are over 200 different species of aloe that grow around the world in dry regions.

Native to Africa, Aloe Vera is commonly cultivated as a potted plant. The clear gel contained in the leaf is a remarkable effective healer of wounds and burns, speeding up the rate of healing and reducing the risk of infection. While commonly known as a skin healer, it is also good for bruises, acne and blemishes, poison ivy, welts, skin ulcers, and eczema. Taken internally, 98 to 99 percent pure aloe Vera is known to aid in the healing of stomach disorders, ulcers, constipation, hemorrhoids, rectal itching, colitis, and all colon problems. It can also be helpful against infections, varicose veins, skin cancer, and arthritis, and is used in the treatment of AIDS. I've even had one client taking it for carpal tunnel syndrome and having miraculous success.

An extensive amount of research, since the 1930s, in the US and Russia has shown that the clear gel has a dramatic ability to heal wounds, ulcers, and burns, putting a protective coat on the affected area and speeding up the rate of healing.

In aloe's long history as a skin lotion - Cleopatra is said to have attributed her beauty to it. It is healing, refreshing and helps prevent scarring. Supplements can be taken internally or the gel can be applied directly to the skin. It works as an excellent moisturizer. It will also help varicose veins to some degree, as will Butcher's Broom. Aloe Vera Gel is an excellent moisturizer for those experiencing the side effects of radiation therapies.

Aloe is an excellent first aid remedy to keep in the home for burns, scrapes, and sunburn. Some people brush their gums with Aloe Vera Gel, it's a healing agent and it will reduce some of the plaque in your mouth.

As an eye wash, it has shown to be extremely effective for cataracts, blurred vision, floaters, etc. I hope you have enjoyed this article on aloe Vera. Each week I will bring you another new exciting herbal remedy or ailment and alternative treatments. -Lisa Canon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: