Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alzheimer's Disease

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 17, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Alzheimer's Disease Reply with quote

Alzheimer's Disease

We have many "Brain Food" products that help with Alzheimer's. Brain Protex, Gingko is considered to be wonderful, L-Glutamine is a great brain food. Lecithin is necessary. In fact Lecithin, Gingko, and the Mega-Chel program would be the way to go. The most in depth article I ever read on Alzheimer's suggested that an artery cleanse was the only sure way to inhibit the progress of the disease. I spoke to a couple doctors that do intravenous chelation and where they would not say that it will definitely reverse the disease, they did say in most cases it will halt the progress and in many cases will reverse the damage to some degree depending on the individual. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have a dad that has Alzheimer's disease. I tried giving him Ginkgo Biloba which I have heard is very beneficial for people with this disease. Needless to say he didn't take it, but I would give it a try. He also went into rages and Stress-J is very effective. -Margie Young
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Suggest you try Ginkgo/Gotu Kola or Gingko Time Release, Enviro-Detox, Lecithin, B-12 and Mind Max. -Nedra Denison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Without a doubt, get her on the High Potency Grapine for the free radical damage and the Gingko/Gotu Kola and l-Glutamine (or Mind Max) for the nutrients to feed the brain. -Nolee
Have you checked for parasites? I had a client who thought he had Alzheimer's and he was loaded with parasites, especially in the brain area. Three bags of Para-Cleanse made all the difference in the world. Make sure you work the liver and keep the colon clean. -Tom Anstett
At the School of Natural Health this weekend it was stated that Gingko is one thing that will cross the blood brain barrier – and feeds the brain. Maybe this will help with the atrophy as well. I'd also look at some oils to wake up the brain... -Angelica Pattison
Gotu Kola works well too. -Denise Griffin
Had a gentleman in the office today that was diagnosed by his medical doctor with Alzheimer's disease. He has been on B-12, our Timed Release Ginkgo, and Chinese Nervous Fatigue Formula for about six months. His eight-year-old granddaughter was here for Thanksgiving. She had not seen him since March. She said to her Grandmother, "Grandpa is getting smarter!" Out of the mouth of babes! I feel the need to share this encouraging word with all of you today! He himself knows that he can think again. -Ruby Lawler
The newest research suggests that this caused by a slow acting virus. -Herbs Work
Both Frankincense and Sandalwood Pure Essential Oils have been reported to help with Alzheimer's. -Maya Telford
Ginkgo Biloba will help, but most of your help comes from chelation therapy. If she is too far gone, she won't take all the pills necessary. I would suggest she have intravenous chelation therapy until she is good enough to go on bowel cleansing and the entire oral chelation program. I have magazine articles from years ago that indicate that Chelation Therapy is the only effective way to halt and possibly reverse Alzheimer's. It was done extensively at a Canadian Clinic. Intravenous chelation is expensive and tends to be hard on the kidneys, (probably because most people don't take the precaution of having the bowels cleansed) but is the only practical thing to do by the time the disease is diagnosed. I spoke with a doctor in the Phoenix area who told me that sometimes they do get reversal of symptoms, it almost always stops the progress of the disease. If it were I, having a family member treated - I would get them the intravenous chelation for awhile. In the meantime, getting them to bowel cleanse as thoroughly as possible (utilizing colonics), giving them kidney support, Ginkgo, and as they improve try to gradually get them taking the Mega-Chel program. But that is the order that I consider important. -Georgiana Duncan
Brain Protex was mainly developed for Alzheimer's -JoAnne
I believe my mother is in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease. She has all the symptoms. Are there herbs/vitamins that can help her? Also, I'm concerned about my mental health in the future. Are there herbs/vitamins that I can for prevention of Alzheimer's. -Leslie Lehmann
Most certainly! That's what Brain Protex w/Huperzine is for. -Duane
Q: My friends mother has Alzheimer. She has recently been diagnosed with it. I want to find an alternate way to help her. The doctor is giving her medication at the moment that is doing nothing for her. She is in denial and has already in her mind decided that nothing would work. Her symptoms are poor balance, she blanks out sometimes, she forgets where she leaves things, she forget where she is and sometimes gets panic attacks, and she has pains in her body that are only present when she is in her home. When she leaves home or goes to the alps, her home town, she all of a sudden feels much better. Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help. Charlotte
Panic attacks, paranoia are fairly common in Alzheimer's patients....and she undoubtedly feels more at ease when she is in familiar surroundings, such as her home town or in her own home--any unfamiliar surroundings will make her uncomfortable or more confused. There are some drugs available for prescription by physicians for early Alzheimer, but they may not be helpful to all patients--just as all drugs may affect a positive change for some but not for others. Alzheimer's support groups provide instruction for care-givers re: how to deal with a variety of situations now, and as the disease progresses...this might be the most helpful for your friend and her mother. -Marilyn N
I am wondering if there is any high tension power supply in close proximity to this persons residence, maybe a transformer outside. I feel that there is an environmental factor involved. The immune system needs to be substantially boosted and it has been suggested that Aluminum is usually present in high levels with people with this problem. Just another angle to approach the condition. Ken M
For a product suggestion I would give Focus Attention a try. In the HART manual it is listed for Alzheimer's especially for people who don't have the disease yet but have a family history and for early stages. It has lots of herbs to promote circulation, memory, and clear thinking. I have distributors who parents have this and they really like the liquid Stress-J to calm their loved ones down when they have panic attacks or get angry. -Mancy
Lavender EO in a plug in diffuser at the evening meal helps with sleep at night if that is a situation. Or anytime for that matter to help them relax. Alzheimer's. -Nancy Yoakum
(CBS) A new study in Tuesday morning's Archives of Neurology looked at disease in almost 5,000 people age 65 or older in Utah. Those who took vitamins were compared to those who didn't.

Medical Correspondent Dr. Emily Senay reports the study found a combination of vitamin E and C supplements reduced the incidence of Alzheimer's disease by about 64 percent. There was no benefit from the use of vitamin C alone, vitamin E alone, or multivitamins alone.

The findings suggest that vitamins E and C may offer protection against Alzheimer's when taken together in the higher doses available from individual supplements. -Georgiana Duncan
Q: My friends mother has Alzheimer. She has recently been diagnosed with it. I want to find an alternate way to help her. The doctor is giving her medication at the moment that is doing nothing for her. She is in denial and has already in her mind decided that nothing would work. Her symptoms are poor balance, she blanks out sometimes, she forgets where she leaves things, she forget where she is and sometimes gets panic attacks, and she has pains in her body that are only present when she is in her home. When she leaves home or goes to the alps, her home town, she all of a sudden feels much better. Any suggestions? I would appreciate your help. Charlotte
Panic attacks, paranoia are fairly common in Alzheimer's patients....and she undoubtedly feels more at ease when she is in familiar surroundings, such as her home town or in her own home--any unfamiliar surroundings will make her uncomfortable or more confused. There are some drugs available for prescription by physicians for early Alzheimer, but they may not be helpful to all patients--just as all drugs may affect a positive change for some but not for others. Alzheimer's support groups provide instruction for care-givers re: how to deal with a variety of situations now, and as the disease progresses...this might be the most helpful for your friend and her mother. -Marilyn Navarro
I am wondering if there is any high tension power supply in close proximity to this persons residence, maybe a transformer outside. I feel that there is an environmental factor involved. The immune system needs to be substantially boosted and it has been suggested that Aluminum is usually present in high levels with people with this problem. Just another angle to approach the condition. Ken M
- - - - - - - - - -
For a product suggestion I would give Focus Attention a try. In the HART manual it is listed for Alzheimer's especially for people who don't have the disease yet but have a family history and for early stages. It has lots of herbs to promote circulation, memory, and clear thinking. I have distributors who parents have this and they really like the liquid Stress-J to calm their loved ones down when they have panic attacks or get angry. Best Wishes. -Mancy
- - - - - - - - - -
Lavender EO in a plug in diffuser at the evening meal helps with sleep at night if that is a situation. Or anytime for that matter to help them relax. Alzheimer's. -Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: