Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sugar Cravings

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Sugar Cravings Reply with quote

Sugar Cravings

Pregnant Friend and Sugar Cravings
I used Colloidal Silver during my last pregnancy. (Found out that 95% of my problems were from candida - 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant.)
I took 1 tsp morning & evening with about 4 Flora Force 2 hours AFTER I took the silver each time. Really beat the cravings. -Janel Messenger
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: What herbs or supplements are good for sugar withdrawal? I saw someone took Calcium/Magnesium for sugar cravings.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That is because when you eat sugar, it lessens the calcium in your body and vice versa. Chromium regulates blood sugar, so it also can have be related to sugar cravings. Both need adequate PDA to utilize. -Georgian Duncan
Cravings - Food, Sugar, & Alcohol
L-Glutamine
Chromium (3-4 daily)
Licorice Root*, or HY-A, or HY-C
Nutri-Calm or Stress Relief ATC if you are eating in response to stress.
PMS food cravings are often eliminated with Phyto-Soy.
Control Hypoglycemia (see HYPOGLYCEMIA card) See ADDICTIONS card
Note: A low fat, high carbohydrate diet will lead to food and alcohol cravings. Eat protein in every meal and eat at least every 4-5 hours.
SynerProTein drinks are an easy way to add additional protein to the diet.
-Kay Lubecke
Pau d'Arco tea has worked well for sugar cravings for me. - Krisg31
I always have terrible sugar cravings when my candida gets bad. The best thing is AS with Gymnema. If you open a capsule and lick the powder, you will gag but it TOTALLY kills the cravings for hours. If you eat anything sweet, it will taste like mud. It is so disgusting that sometimes I keep a capsule in my pocket as a threat to myself. I also have good luck with Liquid Licorice Root or capsules or HY-A. -Kathy Wood
These cravings were linked to parasites with me ! Got rid of the little buggers, and the sweet cravings disappeared! -Debra Hughes
Natural Health Update
Everyone knows that eating too much sugar is associated with tooth decay and gaining weight. However, according to scientific research, sugar's health effects reach well beyond your teeth and belly. In her article "The Sour Side of Sugar: Breaking the Sugar Habit for Better Health," Lauri Aesoph, N.D. explains how too many sweets may increase your risk of Crohn's disease and heart disease, up uric acid levels (associated with gout), promote diabetes, jack up your appetite and could even take years off your life. There's also evidence that sugar greatly impacts one of the most important systems of your body—the immune system.
Q: What is recommended for sugar ravings/addiction? -Valerie
I would use GTF Chromium and Black Currant Oil and refrain from it entirely. Once off it, you don't crave it with the proper nutrients. But just a little bit is addictive and gets you right back on it again. -Nancy
First of all increasing protein will help reduce sugar cravings. So will Gymnema. I hope I spelled that right. It utilizes insulin to reduce sugar cravings. -Suzanne
AS with Gymnema may be particularly helpful. It contains herbs that help improve pancreas function and normalize blood sugar levels. It also contains fiber to provide a feeling of fullness (so you stop snacking) and helps reduce cravings for sweets. -Laura Clement
Q: Question #1) My daughter is breast feeding and she has sugar cravings very often, I would like to suggest to her to take some supplements that do not interfere with milk supply and that do not affect the baby; can anyone recommend me something?

Question #2) My twelve year old granddaughter also has severe sugar cravings, mostly every month shortly before her period, what would anyone suggest for her? -Luz Caicedo
I would try some Chromium for your daughter who is breast feeding. I took this all through two of my pregnancies so I know it is safe. It can help with sugar cravings that are related to blood sugar issues. It feeds the pancreas. It would be a good thing to start with as it is inexpensive and safe. You could also try it for your granddaughter. Also I would consider yeast overgrowth as this can cause sugar cravings because sugar feeds the yeast. -Kimberly
Q: I have a friend who has sugar cravings. She has good health, but she just craves sugar--not anything in particular, just sugared foods. She is concerned and would like to get off of it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help her out. She has never used herbs before and I would like to recommend a few things that won't overwhelm her, but would give good results. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Jo
Try putting her on a high protein diet. I have found with many of my clients that the SynerProTein (3 scoops/daily) will help sugar levels to maintain and not drop. It is when the sugar level drops in the blood that the cravings ensue. Other proteins are eggs with the yolk not cooked, chicken and fish. She may have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) so the pancreas must be worked on. Try Nopal and Chromium. Give her some sugar substitute suggestions (no aspartame or synthetics). How about some fresh fruit or healthy snacks made with maple syrup, honey or a little fructose. White refined sugar and flour must be avoided.

When the diet has been sugary for a while please remember that deficiencies will occur. At some point she will need extra calcium/magnesium, B-Complex and a Multi.

What are her relationships and/or job like? Maybe she has lost some of the sweetness in life and is looking for sweet foods as a substitute. God Bless. -Mike
Hi Jo! In addition to Mike's suggestions, Flax Seed Oil and/or Black Currant Oil helps with sugar cravings. PBS or Ayurvedic Blood Sugar Formula helps normalize blood sugar whether it be high or low. Look at Candida overgrowth as possible cause and follow up with Candida cleanse - diet. -Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: