Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surgery or Not?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Surgery or Not? Reply with quote

Surgery or Not?

I am 43 and have worked my back very hard most of my life - I own a commercial cleaning business, and it is quite common for me to work 10 - 14 hours a day cleaning - not always heavy cleaning but never really light cleaning either.

Any ways I have had a "bad" back for more years then I can remember, and have made the usual rounds of trips to different chiropractors and such. Sometimes finding relief from the pain and stiffness and other times not.

6 months ago my left leg went numb ( HA ! ) numb I say - I wish - all I could feel was PAIN right down to my toes !
My GP Dr. said "lets watch it" and we did and now 6 months later and MRI ( after I started to get some numbness in right leg ) we have a finding of L1 L2 L3 L4 L5 & S1 being in various different conditions.
L2 - pressing on a nerve
L3 - pressing on spine
L4 L5 S1 - herniated
can't remember what L1 is doing ( sorry)
Now my GP says "surgery NOW!" and my chiropractors says "maybe surgery" but lets try traction type treatment for a week or so and see how it goes".
My chiropractors does not disagrees with GP - but he feels I may have a chance to heal without surgery.

I understand my left leg nerve sciatic damage is what it is and will never recover - I can live with that. I don't want to lose the use of both my legs or keep going in pain. ( well I don't keep going, as when pain hits it brings me to a stop right now ).

I will change my job or what ever I need to do if I can avoid surgery...... :(

Opinions are appreciated, as are any tips/advice as to treatment. -Beth
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would suggest you first do a search for "Acid/Alkaline Balance" and then to "Back Pain/Sciatica".

The "Back Pain/Sciatica" group of messages has many suggestions from many different people. (including my, personal experience). Yes, I think a chiropractor that does the "B.E.S.T." method or myopractic adjustment is important as PART of the solution. There ARE some chiropractic adjustments that are not as helpful.

Then, diet and supplements are important for the strength of the your spine and bones. For that, please do read the article on "Acid/Alkaline Balance".

Hope this helps guide you. IF you do have the surgery -- keep in mind that the advice in those two posts may still be important for your healing and future well being. -Georgiana
Hi, I only hope my reply is not too late. I have the same problem and I was supposed to go for surgery also. My stenosis has to do with five problems in my lumbar. anyway, I went to an Acupuncturist and for the first time in my entire life I experienced what it feels like NOT to have ANY PAIN in the back. All my life I had severe lower back pain and now I am Pain FREE. Remember that stenosis will take time to heal. acupuncture speeds up the healing process. I wish you all the good luck and I pray that everything works out for you. -Dinyar Dalal
I concur with what Georgiana has said, but I also want to inform you of the risks - only 25% of the people who have back surgery are helped by it in the long run. 25% stay the same, and 50% are actually worse following the procedure, needing more surgery, and on and on.

Do you research and then I would advise taking whatever intermediary steps you have to take to postpone the surgery and strengthen your back. I do hope you have a good chiropractor! I would be in a wheel chair today if it wasn't for mine.
-Sharon Grimes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: